Downtown’s housing boom continues, as C.W. Urban recently began construction on its next housing project: a six-story, 120-unit for-sale condo building on Broadway, just north of Pioneer Park.
C.W. Urban recently broke ground on the building, named The Olive in the Centerville-based company’s now-familiar naming mechanism. The company continues rapidly building mid-density, multi-family buildings across Salt Lake City.
The Olive will complete the corridor of mixed-use buildings moving toward the Rio Grande Depot, an area that is likely to see a development boom in the coming years. The Olive will add more ground-floor retail to the northwest corner of Pioneer Park.
Construction on The Olive has already replaced the office space that once housed the digital agency Underbelly, which moved north of Pioneer Park. The D-3, Downtown warehouse zoning calls for either the adaptive reuse or replacement of warehouse space with mixed-use, multi-family spaces.
“Some notable features about the building are a podium level outdoor garden area, rooftop urban lounge, ground floor commercial, high-end designer finishes and a City Lyft Parking Solutions system,” said Abbie Wardle, the company’s senior marketing coordinator.
C.W. Urban is underway on 400 townhomes and podium-stye condos and apartments in neighborhoods across the region.
The Olive will be the company’s first for-sale project Downtown, with studios through penthouse condos.
It has two rental projects nearby. One will include 48 rental units at 45 S. 600 W. The other will bring 61 rental units to the southwest corner of 200 East 200 South Downtown.
C.W. Urban projects near Salt Lake City
- theRUTH: 17 Units (275 W. 800 S)
- theRUBY: 12 Units (824 S. W Temple)
- theEDITH: 23 Units (1710 S. West Temple)
- theCYNTHIA: 3 Units (545 S. 800 E.)
- theMABEL: 6 Units (323 S. 700 E.)
- theROSE: 2 Historic Bungalows, 4 Units (525 S. 500 E.)
- theLUCY: 87 Units (212 W. 1300 S.)
- theBEVERLY: 48 Units (45 S. 600 W.)
- theELLIE: 24 For Sale Units (347 N. 700 W.)
- theOLIVE: 120 for-sale units (378 W. 300 S.)
- theBIRDIE: 61 rental units (218 S. 200 E.)
- thePENNY: 36 Units (1700 S. Major St.)
- theCHARLI: 26 Adaptive Reuse Units + 65 New Construction Units (55 W. 800 S.)
- theWINNIE: 53 For Sale + 20 For Rent Units (3371 Orchard Dr. Bountiful, UT)
- SILVER CREEK: 38 For Rent Units (6450 Silver Creek Dr., Park City, Utah)
- thePEARL at Daybreak: 208 For Rent Units (4679 W South Jordan Pkwy, South Jordan, UT)
Transparency note: C.W. Urban is a sponsor of this site, but this is not a sponsored post.