Building Salt Lake, the largest urban planning and development media company in Utah, is looking to expand our coverage and are hiring regular, paid contributors to help us do it.
We are a facts-first, values-based news outlet dedicated to delivering news about changes in every neighborhood of Salt Lake City and along the Wasatch Front.
We’re looking to add writers who can help expand our coverage in the following areas:
- Development in Millcreek, South Salt Lake, Murray and throughout Salt Lake County
- Plans to redevelop Point of the Mountain
- Living conditions for renters along the Wasatch Front
- Development in Ogden
- Development in Utah County
- Transportation projects and policy changes
If interested, please send the following materials to email@example.com:
- A brief statement of interest. Why do you want to write for us? (Don’t worry about a cover letter. We just want to hear more about your passion.)
- Two writing samples.
- A list of relevant experience (can be a resume or brief roundup of experience).
Just interested in writing one or several articles? We’re open to it. Our articles are typically between 400-800 words. Send us a pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org.